Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Ireland--"Thank You Ashley Madison" excerpt

Thursday, March 21

     My mother and I’ve been talking about going on a trip after my divorce. I suggested going to Germany, her motherland, but she said she didn’t like going to foreign countries. I said how about the redwoods and Yosemite? She said it would be too cold in the spring. This morning, I got a smoking hot deal for a vacation package to Ireland emailed to me. My father and mother had discussed going to Ireland when he was alive. It was an English-speaking country. I called my mother.
     “I just got a great offer for a trip to Ireland that includes airfare, a car, and vouchers for a week of B&Bs anywhere we want to go. I can be your tour guide and chauffeur.”
     “Let’s do it!” she said. “But let’s go during the summer, when the weather is good.”
     My mother bought us the trip! We’re going to Ireland!

No comments:

Post a Comment