Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Sale--"Thank You Ashley Madison" excerpt


Saturday, May 11

     Tom and I drove to Dick’s estate sale. I wrote Dick a check for the lovely furniture I was buying, and Dick asked a guy shopping his house to help put the table, which had two folding leaves hanging from its midsection, into my Tahoe.
     “I could have sold this set multiple times for a lot more money,” Dick told me.
     “Thanks for keeping our deal,” I said. “Blake will come by in a few days to get the desk.”
     Tom and I stopped at the grocery store and I bought vegan items for the pre-Mother’s-Day dinner I was making my mom tonight. I made carrot soup, lentil burgers, and vegetable polenta pie. We ate dinner then my mom hung out with Tom while Blake and I saw Lewis Black at the Genesse Theater. Black was hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment