Saturday, October 7, 2017

Look What Happened

Friday, March 1

     I had breakfast with Aunt Lea.
     “Your mother told me what happened,” Aunt Lea said, her eyes welling with tears. “I hate him. I hate him for what he did to you. I had to see you, talk to you. I needed to see if my sisu sister was okay.”
     “I’m okay,” I said. “I’ve had really bad days, but I’m not stuck with him anymore. I’m grateful for that.”
     “Do you remember what you told me before you got married?” Aunt Lea asked.
     I shook my head.
     “I’ll never forget it. Before you got married, you told me you wanted to experience having a child and JB was the best candidate. I asked if you loved him and you said you’d never been in love with anyone, that you’d stopped believing in it. You said JB was a good man and you thought you could do life together and maybe love would grow.”
     “I actually told you that?”
     “Yes. I thought well, I don’t know…”
     “I can’t believe I told you.”
     “Well, you did.”
     We both started laughing.
     “Look what happened,” I laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment