Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Bank Statements--"Thank You Ashley Madison" excerpt

Monday, November 26

     I started the morning looking at bank statements online and getting increasingly agitated. JB made more withdrawals from our personal account for business expenses—something I’ve been yelling about for years. He pays back some of the money, but not all. He tells me his employer has cashflow problems and can’t reimburse him on time.
     The company JB works for purchased the company he used to work for. We owned shares of the purchased company and we're supposed to get a buyout check every month. The checks show up erratically, however, and the amounts JB deposits are almost always smaller than they’re supposed to be. Cashflow problems, JB says.
     I heard the front door open and JB’s footsteps on the stairs.
     “What are you doing home?” I snapped.
     “I forgot my thumb drive.”
     “I’m looking at bank statements. How many times do I have to ask you not to dip into our personal money? We’re always short. I don’t have enough to pay bills.”
     “I don’t have time to talk about this. I have a meeting. I have to go.”
     “This makes me sick. I don’t trust you.”
     “I have to go. We’ll talk about this later.”

2 comments:

  1. I love this so far :-) Just went through all your posts and this story is reminiscent of your first book, which I couldn't put down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kris,
    Thank you! Sorry my reply took so long. I just figured out how to comment on my own blog. Lol. I look forward to more of your comments.

    ReplyDelete