Wednesday, March 7, 2018

So Gross--"Thank You Ashley Madison" excerpt


Monday, April 15

      Liv met me for sushi. We ran into each other last week after our lives had drifted in other directions for years. I’d mentioned JB and I were getting divorced and given her a synopsis.
      “I told Reed and he couldn’t believe it,” Liv said, laying down her chopsticks. “He was shocked. He’s on the Internet looking at weird stuff all the time but never heard of Ashley Madison. He felt a little uninformed. He couldn’t believe JB actually used it. JB’s so gross Brenda. So gross. All those years you were miserable. Now you know you weren’t crazy. There were real reasons you felt that way.
      “Reed got on the computer and googled Ashley Madison. It’s prostitution Brenda. Women don’t have to pay anything but men pay $250 when they want to get connected with a woman. It’s expensive. Reed kept saying, ‘Why would he do that? Why wouldn’t he just go to a bar and pick someone up? He’s pathetic.’”
      “Because no one would tell,” I said. “He didn’t want a divorce. He wanted to live that way. When NBC sent a camera crew to my house to shoot footage of me at home for the TODAY show, JB refused to be on camera and I thought it was odd. I thought he’d have been all over it. Refused to be on the set when Ann Curry interviewed me, too. Now I know why. He didn’t want Ashley Madison prospects recognizing him.”
      “He’s so gross Brenda, so gross.”

No comments:

Post a Comment