Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Like Crazy--"Thank You Ashley Madison" excerpt

Wednesday, December 26

     “I hope you've grasped the fact that our marriage is over,” I texted JB this morning. “I filed for divorce in Cook County. Where you’re living, Northbrook, is in Cook. If you choose to get an attorney, I'm sure Pris could suggest one.”

     “Believe me it's sinking in,” JB responded. “I feel like I need my own lawyer but i (sic) can’t pay one anything right now. If we had chosen the shared attorney together I'd feel better about that approach. I will answer you by the end of the year or sooner as you have requested.”

     Some hours passed before I got this.

     “I didn't want to ask this because it's your money but did your mom give you anything for Christmas?” JB wrote. “I literally have nothing... Work owes me $2916.31 and i (sic) won’t get it before next week. I just asked again. My phones are about to be cut off and I have no cash. I know you don't want to help me. But I need help.”

     “We're getting divorced. My mother gave me nothing. You dug yourself a hole. Ask your brother.”

     I started shaking. Like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment